Monday, December 20, 2010

The Christmas Season

I have to admit this year does not seem like Christmas.  The tree is trimmed and the house is decorated beautifully and presents are bought, wrapped and under the tree. What is missing?  Jesus. In the busyness of each day I have not given time to the Lord.  This has been on my mind of late though and this very morning he woke me up with a reminder that I said I would do this very thing. At 2 am I was bright eyed and had the most wonderful prayer and study time.  I commit to giving the rest of this week to Him in thought and deed and continue to do so in the coming year.  It is not a resolution it is a going back before the hubbub of the material side of Christmas.

I will enjoy the family time and look forward to this weekend with them but those precious early morning moments will be the best of times.

To the more mundane of today it is going to be a high of 70 today!  The leaves on our bradford pears have not even all droppped yet. Soon I will be mowing them instead of raking if they don't get a move on. Mother Nature is sure acting strange this year.

Soon it will be a new year. Now here is my resolution time. I am going to try and keep up with all you bloggers out there for there is much to smile about, to think about in your writing. I would love to have the talent so many of you have.

Keep writing

No comments:

Post a Comment