Friday, April 8, 2011

Springtime Musings


Although you can not see her well I am still proud. This is a picture of the one of the newest additions to our family. It is me and little Sophia Grace my great niece.  I have another born in Februray which I don't have a picture of here yet. That makes three great nieces and one great nephew.  When we all get together in July I will post some good pictures of the babies. 

Alas I am not a grandmother yet!

Here it is April already and I have not posted since Christmas. I had meant to keep up this blog but had computer issues for awhile.

It is so beautiful here in Texas.  I have already been enjoying yardwork and spring cleaning.  Coming along with reading some wonderful books that I need to list and getting some cross stitch done.  I have so many hobbies I am either doing or interested in trying that it seems time is limited in getting them all done!  Ah well though hobbies are for spare time.

It is baseball season and I enjoy spending time watching the Texas Rangers with my dad. I love this old time American sport.  I am confident we are headed for the playoffs again this year!

I have learned to begin each morning in Bible study and it has been such a blessing.  Along with reading I am doing some background study on the times and it has been so informative. Learning the customs and what was going on in the world then makes it even more sacred to me as I see more clearly what Christ was going through and then Paul and his missionaries and of course the church.  What is clearly more important though is to read how God wants me to live and to soak up each writing and try to live up to what is commanded. 

With that said my prayer time is not what it should be. I have to wonder who else might have troubles feeling that God is not listening. Maybe I have just heard too many who feel so very close and feel much direction in prayer that I think I should too. Maybe God is just wanting me to follow His Word right now and that is His answer. At any rate it is not a dry wilderness time but one of enrichment.

Soon I will be planting my very small beginner garden of tomatoes and okra. It wil be my first being a city girl. I am excited!  Flowers are beginning to bloom and I keep thinking that I need to go the the botanical gardens again this year it was so beautiful last spring.

I don't comment but I do read the blogs I follow and I get much out of them! I strive to be as good at it as the others are!

No comments:

Post a Comment