Thursday, May 24, 2012

It's been awhile since I posted. Since my last post my father became ill and passed away this February. At the same time I found out I am going to be a first time grandmother in November. Mixed emotions that week. With one sorrow comes joy.

With this new joy comes some new outlets for dealing with things like loss. I have begun to learn to quilt and have been making cards and crocheting some baby blankets. My first quilt was for my daughter the mom to be.  Here is a picture of my first quilt. The colors don't show up well here but they are blues and browns. I did have a good one but alas I am sideways. Here is a picture



Now I just need to find a pattern for a baby quilt to get started on my next one. Making this quilt was a fun experience. I think quilting will give me much joy in years to come....


Here's a picture of a card I made this week



I have some crossstitch in the works as well so have plenty to keep me busy. Plus gotta love those Texas Rangers!

Time for spring cleaning and some serious yardwork. A trip to Oklahoma to see my dd very soon. Other than that I have just been in my homebody mode. We do have some flowers blooming and even though there are just a few planted they are such wonders to watch bloom.

On the reading front I am in my Sue Grafton series. On U is for Undertow now. And that wonderful book One Thousand Gifts.

All for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment